Before Leaving Home
- Shower or bathe — you will be given special instructions, if needed.
- Please do not shave surgical site.
- Please leave contact lenses at home and wear your glasses, if possible.
- Wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothing.
- Leave valuables such as jewelry, cash, credit cards, checkbooks, rings, watches, purses or billfolds at home.
- Please do not wear make-up or perfume.
- All body jewelry must be removed. Electrocautery may be used during your procedure and any metal parts could pose a serious burn risk.
- Please do not arrive at the Orthopaedic Outpatient Surgery Center before 6:00am.
What to Bring
- Insurance cards. If you have questions whether this particular outpatient visit will be covered, contact your insurance company before admission.
- If you are under age 18 a parent or legal guardian must remain in the OOSC building throughout your stay.
- If you have your lab test results, or x-rays (MRI, CT) at home, bring them with you.
- Your regular medicines in their original containers and/or a list of the medicines, dosage and instructions for taking them. Patients who use inhalers should bring them as well.
- Denture containers are available for removable dentures or bridgework.
- If you wear hearing aids, please wear them. They may be removed before surgery.
- If your child is having surgery, bring a favorite toy or blanket along.
- You will fill out registration and insurance forms. If you are a minor, your parent or guardian will fill out these forms. Be sure to ask any questions you have.
- If you are a legal guardian, please bring a copy of appropriate legal documents and court order for surgery.
Affiliates & Accreditations